Thursday, April 1, 2010

Coming down with something!

Bah! Woke up with a really sore throat this morning.... and also feeling somewhat giddy and unwell. I had the throaty thing last week a few days but thought I'd beaten it.. oh well, never mind! I rarely feel 100% anyway.. suffer from general malaise often which might not sound very nice, but the up side is, when I DO feel well, I really appreciate it!!!
The day went well yesterday except I did forget and ate a bit of the sate beef and Peking style ribs at lunch, probably( I'm thinking) not enough to affect the bowel scan results, but to be on the safe side I am delaying my sample collection a day. Paul only has one more sample to collect( told you he'd be quick! Hee Hee!) My mum seemed to be pleased with the presents I chose for her and Casey's friend Kylie who came along said she looked happy!
I had planned to go to both Step and Fitball today but I'm feeling too sick. What I really would like is to go back to bed but I'm resisting this impulse and trying to make do with just doing quiet things. My workday is very short today 3pm-6.30 pm, so I'm thinking I can make it Ok just by doing things that don't take much energy, nevertheless SOME things.... otherwise I get behind very easily and then feel overwhelmed by papers and unanswered mail etc. Although I'm a pretty untidy person by nature and generally disorderly, I still get stressed if things build up and start getting on top of me. It's especially not good if I let bills and stuff run away from me as I also tend towards procrastination and then things won't get paid on time. I made a promise to myself a couple of years ago.. NO MORE LATE FEES!! And I've kept it! One of my small personal victories! ehehehhehe!
Good Friday tomorrow. Have a happy and safe Easter everyone! Eat LOTS of chocolate! ehehhehehe! And if you celebrate in a religious sense, rejoice in that too. Even though I've been a Buddhist for 20 odd years I'm still conscious of the significance of Easter for many people so best wishes whatever the holiday means to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment