Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fully sick!

I am having a crappy time with this cold...it's developed further now and gone into my chest which is always not very good for me as that usually heralds the beginning of a long season of consecutive chest infections..... runs me down no end. I'm a bit disheartened with this first bout as I've really been very good with the new health habits I put into place.. had a bit too much red wine on Saturday night but have drunk next to nothing the rest of the time and especially hardly any beer. Instead of the 2o beers I would have had this last week I have had 2 light beers, that's it! Then just the red wine on Sat night and a couple of red wines at other times. But all up I reckon I drank about a quarter of the amount I usually consume...been eating well, even fruit..... and STILL got sick. Oh well, there's nothing to be done about it but to be patient...here I am today propped up on the sofa(soo glad we got this comfy new one earlier this year... it makes all the difference as a sick bed!!). I've got a laptop, some reading material, a cup of hot ginger tea and a "My Little Pony" quilt to keep me all warm and cosy. I had tried to go back to bed and have a sleep this morning ( thank goodness for days off) but lying down makes me cough too much).
On Sunday, most of my close family came here for lunch( only one missing was Casey but he visits me a lot other times) mainly so my Mum could see her great-grandaughters. I cooked three different roasts [ :( ]...... sorry lamby, beefer and turkey.......... and all kinds of vegetables to accompany them. I would have had a better time if I didn't feel so ill, but it all went OK.
One thing is I never lose my appetite generally when I'm sick. I feel pretty hungry right now in fact... might have to go and heat up some yummy leftovers to eat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment