Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The time has come!

Wah! this is only a new blog and already I've had a long absence from posting..... been a bit sick the last few days and also I was looking after my grandchildren. can't do much when they're around!!! I had another bout of bad tummy and also can't get rid of this sore throat I've been having on and off for a couple of weeks.... I've had a few early nights though.. i find sleeping very good for me when I'm below par...
I am going to try to improve my health. I realistically cannot expect to be well when I have such terrible health habits. I drink way too much and especially with beer, too much in one go... plus I overeat and probably give my digestive system such a hard time with the big meals I eat and also the kinds of foods I like which was already mentioned at the commencement of this blog.... oily.....
Yesterday I didn't have ONE drink which is quite unusual for me, but also was quite easy as I felt really sick. I have decided to just go cold turkey with the beer and just not drink ANY for a while.. see if there's any improvement.... I might have a glass or two of red wine when the occasion presents itself... but that's all, just 1-2. This is really going to test my will power. I really love beer.
As well, I ate better... smaller meals and today instead of my usual Chiko roll or similar I had a sandwich. I had one for breakfast.. a toasted tomato and mushroom one and for lunch I had another one with cheese, avocado, tomato and onion.
I don't know if I'm imagining it but I think my tummy likes me better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment