Thursday, April 8, 2010

Doing well!

Feeling quite good today, free of my chronic stomach ache for nearly all of yesterday and today too! I had one glass of red wine at my husband's invitation with dinner last night and typically I would pour another but I did not! Yay for me!
I am also eating smaller portions and better foods, foods that shouldn't give me digestive problems. I went to the farmers' market today for the first time in a while and bought some nice fresh veges and even a bag of apples!!! ( I eat hardly any fruit!!) While in Coles doing my groceries I made sure to include a couple of vegetarian items for myself... the Sanitarium vege roast and some vege deli slices for sandwiches. I like to try and eat at least some vegetarian meals. For lunch today though I had to eat the last three chicken wingettes so as not to waste them. Of course I could have given them to the dog but I am trying also to live more economically and the three wingettes with two potato cakes and an apple made a cheap and adequate lunch, without me having to open up or cook anything new. For breakfast I ate 5 small ricotta and spinach pastries which were left from Sunday and they prevented me from calling in somewhere for a purchased snack!!!
See, I'm going great guns!! Today when I make the trays of sandwiches at work for the Water Corp, I will fix myself a healthy salad one and that can be my afternoon tea!
Tonight we're having vegetarian "no narm fun". I don't know if that's the right spelling but it is a rice noodle soup.. very tasty, flavoured with soy and 5 spice and sesame oil. Normally it's made with gravy beef but I'm using the balance of the " tender chunks" from the tin I opened yesterday to make the yuumy vegetarian stew we had for dinner. I've made it with tofu other times and it is absolutely perfect without any meat in it... you put Chinese mushrooms in the soup as well and top it with chopped spring onions before serving... delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment