Sunday, April 18, 2010

End of the "Holidays"

Wow! From stormy and rainy during the week to pretty damn warm today!! I am roasting!!! I feel the heat a LOT. I much prefer cooler weather. I don't feel the cold but I feel very warm after it goes above 20 deg C. I reckon you can easily get warmer if it's cold but it's very hard to get cool if it's hot.
Usually I complain a lot in summer but this summer I decided not to complain and just try to make the most of the season. I made sure I got enough shorts and singlets to see me through and I went to the beach a lot. I tried not to mention the heat or say anything negative about it. It really worked. I made it through the summer without suffering, really, at all! Some people even noticed how good my temperament was on the days when everyone else was feeling too hot. More evidence that making your mind up to do something and really trying does have results.
The girls are getting picked up this evening. School starts again tomorrow. We went on a day's outing with the girls today to Bunbury. Went and visited our friend who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. She's having an operation to remove the cancer on Wednesday. I hope it goes well and they find that it hasn't spread.Went to Chinese lunch and both girls ate very well. Went to the Bunbury Lookout and climbed to the top. And finally went to King's Cottage to look at all the artefacts and things of interest on show there.
Now having a quiet time while the littlest one has a nap. She woke up three times last night but I didn't lie down with her. I just put her dummy back in each time and she went back to sleep. I'm looking forward to an unbroken sleep tonight. Very tired after three nights of getting up and down when I hadn't properly recovered from that severe cold I had earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment