Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gone Down Hill

Guh! I am REALLY sick today.. I thought yesterday maybe I was improving a bit but last night was even worse than the night before. I was glad I had made a doctor's appointment for this morning. I thought last night I was going to rupture my aorta or something! Anyhoo, I'm all intact and armed with the appropriate medicine for pneumonia, yup, that's what the chemist kept talking about when I said I had a chest infection. He came out to speak with me about the prescriptions I had filled and how I must make sure to get the repeat and take them ALL... with pneumonia. I guess a "nasty chest infection" can mean that or at least be the last stop before that develops...the doc said my right lung was full of muck.. I've had pneumonia before, twice and pleurisy once as well, I can't remember what it feels like.. was too long ago.
Soooo, can't write much today, I don't feel up to it. I'm on track with my menu though! Cooked the fettucine carbonara today with the bacon and mushrooms and threw in a handful of spinach leaves for some greens. Yes, I went shopping today! Well, it's a week tomorrow that I went shopping last but I plan to shop Thursdays, that's a better day for me and since I had to go in today to go the doctor I thought it may as well be today. But I do plan to make Thursdays my weekly shopping day. Other than today I had a no-spend, no-drive week!!
Spent quite a lot at shopping - $217. That's about my average. But I got my 7 loaves of bread, 7 tins of dogfood and all the things on my can't -do- without list. This means I should not have to go to the shops again till next Thursday whereas usually I'd be back there Sat, Mon, maybe even Wed again to replenish... I got a pair of pyjamas in there as well. $12.99. I only have one pair and I think with all this illness I could use a second pair.
I drank the rest of the garlic soup for my lunch today and ate the remaining fried rice. For breakfast I bought a healthy juice from the juice bar in town. Haven't felt very hungry today which is unusual for me. Which means I MUST use up the avocado I found today in the fridge for a sandwich tomorrow before it goes bad. I had planned to eat that for afternoon tea today but I just didn't feel like it. Wasn't up to taking my dogs out today either :(
Hope tomorrow's a better day healthwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment