Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Unexpected Expense

Ehehehhehehehhe! My washing machine broke today.. it's not very much of a shock as I've been hearing a lot of scraping noises for some time now... today it beeped to tell me it's finished but when I opened the lid, I could see it had not agitated the wash nor spun...I tried a few times on different cycles to see if it would kick in but it's not working. Ho hum, will have to put it in to get fixed. In the meantime I will have to go to the laundromat.. no big deal... the bill will probably be a couple of hundred at least, now THAT'S an expense I didn't expect to have this week ehehehehehehe!... ho hum... never mind, it's worked very hard for 5 years without any problems.....I'm grateful for that!

I couldn't afford to splurge on anything really today with that bill looming but I ended up getting some new ( cheap) curtains for my bedroom. There wasn't a lot of choice in colours... purple or fuschia.... in the cheap ones I was looking at. They had some patterned ones but I prefer plain as patterns are more restrictive when it comes to matching with the rest of the bedroom...not that I'm into coordination much!! It's not that I have bad taste... it's just not a priority for me to have the home looking all spiffy! Clean and neat is good enough for me. I have trouble enough achieving THAT!!! So I chose the fuschia ones. The old curtains (which the dog can lay on now) are too old to send off to Good Sam's. They're very faded but that's not even the reason I decided I need new ones. My windows all over the house are full-length. I need 223 cm drops for them to reach the floor. They weren't always so easy to find, most being 213cm. As well my economical husband said that two widths would be enough to cover the window...well, only just... there was about 2-3 inches of "gap" in the middle or at the sides where the curtains didn't reach. I've been feeling a little exposed for the last year or so!!! ehehehehheheh! So I got three widths today and that covers the window nicely.. they're not very thick so the sunlight kind of comes through, casting a nice pinkinsh glow over the room. I'm very happy and they only set me back $24.95 each drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment