Saturday, April 17, 2010

Reading the Old Fashioned Way!

Gee I feel good since I haven't been drinking any beer.. it's quite unbelievable! The best thing I have to report about the exercise, is that I have got over the actual desire to drink beer.. for a few days it was actually quite hard being so used to it... the few red wines that have taken its place did not seem to be the same... but now after only one week... it feels quite " normal" not to be reaching for a beer come the afternoon...
The girls are really being good and lots of fun! We just came back from the beach and they were playing with playdoh. Now I am afforded another five minutes of peace as they enjoy an icy pole each.
I've been reading them an old book that Casey used to enjoy as a child... "Oscar's Book", featuring Oscar from Sesame Street. I do his voice as best as I can and it's so worthwhile seeing the fascinated looks on their faces from a thing as simple as being read a story with expression! I've even had to repeat the story, they like it so much!! The funniest part was Olivia telling her mum about the story and virtually telling it to her word for word from her memory!!! She really must have been listening carefully!!! I saw Jasmine at some point in the day also "reading" the book to herself and making her voice somewhat like what I must have sounded like to her... so cute.. and there you have the beginnings of what I hope will be a life-long love of books in a world overly fond of electronic entertainment .....

No comments:

Post a Comment