Sunday, April 25, 2010

I've Been Everywhere Man!

Phew! I've had a busy weekend! Friday I worked then went shopping for a few things to take camping.. we go camping ten minutes from home in a beautiful national park called Belvidere. There used to be a commune there years ago. I have some friends who lived on that commune when it was an active community. They were first introduced to us as " the hippies" but their names are Tony and Cheryl.
I was not in the best of humours Friday night. I am always pretty tired on Fridays after work and not drinking as much as usual is bringing out my serious side! I got told I am boring and to " have a drink for God's sake!"
We like to camp pretty basic. I don't feel like I'm camping if you're going to take all and sundry! Cos we were only camping for a couple of nights and the weather is fine, we just took the swag and a small BBQ and two chairs. Our camping companions have a LOT of gear, but they like to camp with all the conveniences. Their latest acquistion is a toilet tent with a chemical toilet... it's all fine with me..each to their own, I just prefer to camp with the minimum of fuss and stuff. We had BBQ both nights. Steak, coleslaw and baked potatoes I prebaked and then wrapped in foil.. they only needed ten minutes on the hot plate to get nice and ready to eat with the rest of the meal.
I did end up drinking quite a lot of red wine that night, a whole bottle and a glass! but I had no stomach ache and I didn't feel sick in the morning. It's definitely BEER that doesn't sgree with me!! The next night( and day!) I drank no alcohol at all.
I went to Perth on Sat. Got up early, came home and walked the dogs, drove to Perth, met my son and we had a lovely day out together. I wanted to see a friend of mine's first solo photo exhibit. I missed going the previous week as I had planned to cos we ended up having the grandgirls and Paul didn't want to go to Perth with them. I had to work today, nearly all day and it was the last day of the exhibit.. so it was yesterday or never!
It was a great day! We had lunch in Northbridge, went to the exhibit and while we were there we saw that a play was on at 2pm. It was of special interest to my son as a couple of people involved with the play he knows from the Hayman Theatre at Curtin where he is currently a performing arts student, The play was " Mummy Loves You Betty Ann Jewel". The Blue Room Theatre where it was performed is a lovely small and intimate theatre..... what an awesome thing to be watching a play on a Saturday afternoon while everyone else is going about their shopping or whatever they get up to on Saturdays! I got back to my home at about 5pm , grabbed some more bits and pieces and headed back to our campsite.
The night was cold and clear with not a breath of wind blowing. I woke very early this morning, Anzac Day...looking up into the trees and thought about the Anzacs and all the men and women everywhere who are currently serving....felt very grateful to be living in this wonderful free country.. left the camp very early to return home to walk the dogs and then went to work and didn't leave there till the shop closed its doors at 6.30 this evening......

No comments:

Post a Comment