Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Day in the Life Of.....

My husband informed me that some people are coming tomorrow for a BBQ. My daughter and son-in-law and the two grandies also coming this evening.. I didn't really want to go and do a big shopping today but I had to really to make sure there's enough dinner for both nights.
Last night we had the super economical dinner of homemade scotch broth using the lamb bone from the roast we had the other day and I made a big cheese scone bun thing...very adequate meal if very simple. But I think everyone should have at least one or two very simple meals a week at least... it's good for the pocket, saves creating waste( as in the bone, which I could have given to the dogs but I don't generally give them cooked bones, raw ones are better.. plus there are TWO dogs and I only had one bone!!!) and also trains your palate a bit... not always looking for luxury foods to eat everyday...
This morning I went for a run! I used to run a lot... I often wonder why I don't run more often these days but usually after I take the dogs out I don't really feel like going out again... having dogs is quite time-consuming....often I feel their walk is enough time for me to be out ( I do go to fitness classes as well) but I really enjoy running and realise that I miss it when I manage to squeeze one in. I went BEFORE taking the dogs today.. that could be a strategy.... take ME running first and then walk the dogs afterwards...will try and implement and see if it works...
Having said that there won't be any more running till Monday though as the grandies will be here.. no time!!
I really fancied a Hungry Jack's Whopper when I was out today.... but I thought, "No, that's $3-4.. not sure how much they are these days... that I can save today" especially that I did so much shopping ( over $200 worth and the same last week..). I had a small serve of spag bol left in the fridge and so I ate that.. I hadn't had any breakfast so I was pretty hungry... the spag wasn't enough.. so I heated a small bowl of leftover soup and had a leftover cheese scone with it.
What a good girl!
Off to work very very shortly... ho hum.. I'm thankful to have a job but I sure would not get bored if I could stay home and be a full time housewife... how could anyone get bored??? There's so many awesome things to do everyday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment