Friday, April 16, 2010

My Dear Darlings!

I love to spoil my granddaughters when I have them over. Today I told them we'd go into town and have a whole lot of fun. We started off at the toy shop where I told them they had a twenty dollar limit but they could choose a toy each. Of course Jasmine can't really understand what I mean but she chose a Diego toy($9.99) and Olivia chose a Polly Pocket set for $19.99 and she's playing with that happily now while Jasmine is having a nap( I hope) I can't hear anything, so I'm guessing she went to sleep... she didn't want to but I could see she was tired and she woke up at 5.30 am this morning so a nap is probably what she needs....
We went to an old favourite of Rachel's and mine, the Poco Loco Cafe and we had a large chips and gravy to share and a chocolate milkshake for Jasmine and strawberry for Olivia.. they are both so well-behaved in cafes and restaurants ... it's a pleasure to take them out to eat...
We tried to visit the art gallery but they were in between exhibitions so nothing much to see there. King's Cottage was also not open till 2pm.. maybe we'll try again tomorrow for that... I've never even been there myself I don't think!!
Luckily the park is always open and it's a beautiful bright sunny day today. The last day of the school holidays too. What an awesome place to visit.... we played there a long time and then got some goodies from a new bakery which has opened in Bunbury.
On coming home they opened their new toys and very shortly after that I put Jasmine to bed.. we're going to bake jam drop cookies in the afternoon and maybe go to the beach for a little while.
I have to go to work for exactly 1 1/2 hours this evening, just to do the cooking and lock up. Boozie will be home early today so he will mind the littlies while I'm there... going to watch the footy tonight. And make a BBQ to share with friends.
I feel stuffed from the chips and gravy and polishing off Jasmine's milkshake.. haven't needed to eat anything else today!

No comments:

Post a Comment