Thursday, April 22, 2010

No Spend Day

Like many others in the simple living/ frugal lifestyle blogging world, I try to have days where I spend nothing and don't drive anywhere. I didn't say it was going to be a no-drive day today though, as I do have to drive to work later. It's only five minutes but I finish in the evening and I don't want to walk home in the dark. It a safe small town but there are not a lot of street lights.. I am more worried about putting my foot in a hole or treading on a dog turd to be honest! eheheheheh!
It's not that I don't have things I need to buy before the weekend. We're going camping for part of the time.. it's Anzac long weekend. I have to work on Sunday(Anzac Day) and Monday, so we're planning to go camping Friday night and possibly Saturday. I could go and do whatever shopping I need today but I'm going to leave it till I finish work tomorrow at 1pm. This is because I don't feel the best today and when I don't feel 100% I am likely to overspend.
I suffer greatly with anxiety disorder. Today I woke up very anxious and that's about all the explanation I can give. There is nothing I can say has caused it, nothing to be actually anxious about and nothing I can do about it except to just be with it and wait till it dissipates as it will, eventually.. maybe today, maybe tomorrow... it might last a whole week or month! That's the nature of the beast! People who suffer with the same affliction or have someone close to them who suffers will know what I mean! If I still feel anxious tomorrow I will have to go regardless but there's a good chance I will feel better by the end of the day after implementing some of the strategies I have learned by experience do help....
While I'm home today I'm going to take stock of everything I do have in the cupboard/fridge and see if I can minimise my spending tomorrow. There's not a lot of money left in the bank and although we will both get paid this week, I do have that washing machine repair bill to look forward to and so the less I have to buy the better.
Wish me luck! With my anxiety and my budgeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment