Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Today!

Already I changed my menu that I posted earlier on today! See what I mean??? The change involves the curry I had planned to cook today with the piece of rump. I decided to make a casserole instead. That way have used up the steak, some potatoes from the bargain bag I got for $2 ( I'm guessing they might be old and therefore on " special" although they seem good still...) some of the big bag of juicing carrots, parsley from my garden and also some brussels sprouts that won't last the week out. Also a half a stubby of leftover beer which makes the gravy very tasty! I have a bread roll that is nearly stale.. I'm going to make garlic bread with it in the sandwich maker... and serve that with the casserole.That will save THAT from being wasted.. I ate the last of the rolls earlier as a toasted tomato, onion and cheese sandwich for my lunch...
Using the more perishable items such as the potatoes, carrots and brussels sprouts means the rice and pappadams I can save for another time....good one Michelle!!!
As mentioned I have cooked a pot of rice for fried rice tomorrow and I have made a cake, a butter cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment