Monday, April 26, 2010

My Lucky Day!

I forgot to post about Friday 23rd April being my lucky day! Remember how my washing machine stopped working and I had to put in it to get fixed? Well, while I was still at work on Friday my husband rang me to say that the only problem was some wire had come away from the motor or something like that and that the entire cost of fixing the machine was $65! Plus he was bringing it back home that afternoon. Oh happy day! I had packed up a load of clothes to take to the laundromat when I finished work. Now I didn't even have to do that! I really am lucky a lot of the time!
Not being so lucky with this cold I have been complaining about though. It seems to have worsened over the last couple of days. my theory is that I had to breathe in too much wood smoke while camping and then also last night I was awoken by the strong smell of smoke coming from our neighbours' chimney... I would never complain about people lightinga fire to keep warm but I don't think it particularly agrees with me all the same... ho hum, with winter fast approaching, it's something I'm just going to have to live with too....I'll have to give myself a few more hits with my inhaler every day, I guess..
One good thing though! No beer, no tummy aches!!! If I can just get on top of this cold, I'd be fighting fit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment