Sunday, May 2, 2010

Progress Report

I am slowly progressing I hope, towards a state of health again..... since I started the antibiotics my coughing has reduced significantly. It hasn't ceased however and I am still having very sudden, violent bursts of coughing, one of which this morning caused me to put my back out. Also still having some very odd feelings that are not very pleasant...hard to describe but it feels like there is a bubble of air in my neck.. as well, the trembling and feeling feverish and nausea is still happpening, although on and off. One minute I feel OK and the next I feel dreadfully ill again...I've been doing the right thing though and haven't gone out or done anything I shouldn't. Normally I would still go out and do stuff despite feeling sick but I thought it's about time I see whether or not resting does help you get better faster...I haven't been able to go to work but I think I will try and go tomorrow..... that will help me know whether I'm really as sick as I feel from the infection or whether it's from anxiety over being sick, which I am also experiencing....
I've still been cooking and doing a few household chores like keeping up with the washing. Last night I made the mini pizzas I had included in the menu plan I posted recently. They only take about ten minutes to assemble and about the same to bake and they are yummy! Tortillas make a really nice crispy thin base. There were 6 left in the packet and I used them all. We ate three pizzas and there are two left as I ate one for breakfast. I changed my mind about using the two chorizos I had left in the fridge... I felt they were a bit "old" by this stage, although they still smelled fine but I wasn't going to risk eating them.. so I gave one each to the dogs. As well I found two Lebanese cucumbers all slimy in a plastic bag that I had "missed" when looking through the crisper the other day.. had to throw them in the compost...slap on the wrist for wasting!! There was a slice of bacon left and I chopped that and put on the pizzas and now there's only the packet of mince there that I have to cook and not waste. We had some of the sausages on Friday night with baked potatoes and coleslaw and Paul cooked the remaining three at breakfast this morning. He ate two.. Raymond got the last one as Honey had already made her "dash" and succeeded in getting back into the house!!! After I finish the mince tonight and maybe tomorrow, I will be making vegan/vegetarian meals.
I haven't decided what I'm going to make with the mince yet. Even though I want to " finish" it I still want to get the most mileage out of it for the budget's sake...
I might just cook it but not add anything except for onion and garlic and then I can make two meals out of it but different flavoured ones, eg a shepherd's pie and then maybe an Asian style noodle, veg and mince dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment