Saturday, May 22, 2010

Excursion to Perth

We took our grandgirls to Perth today and went to the WA Museum. It was totally awesome fun.. they were both squealing with delight and Olivia shouted " What else is there to see here?? I'm so excited!!" when we were nearly finished in the Discovery Centre.
We drove as far as Kwinana and then hopped on the train.. that in itself is fun for them and different as they really don't go out much with their parents. This is one of the things I feel very sad about and hope that my daughter and her partner will make more effort to take them out when they move overseas. They have often said that they feel it's "too hard" taking them both out to places(?!) and I KNOW it's not without a bit of dramas.... they do cry and fight and whine at times ... but to see them have so much fun and take so much interest in what they're seeing and doing is soo worth it and totally NECESSARY so they can experience the wonders of the world around them......I am really worried that they will not have enough outings and we will not be there to "take up the slack..."
Not going to write much today as they're still here and I want to make the most of every moment I have with them if they're really going to go... awwwww... a really really big part of me will be gone with them when they fly away on that plane.....

No comments:

Post a Comment