Thursday, May 27, 2010

Going Well!!!

Everything is well in my world..I am feeling better physically than I have in a long while... all coughing has ceased and I feel pretty normal again!! Woo Hoo! Feeling at peace and although I don't know what's around the corner, I reckon everything's going to be OK..

Went shopping today and my bill was $204. But in there was a box of Coke, a box of Bundaberg Ginger Beers, some stuff for the girls(Dora colouring in books, pencil cases (cos they've been fighting lately over the one they share here... I got Jasmine a Dora one and Olivia a Bratz one...and some more markers). I did buy slaughterhouse products again... felt bad and nearly put some of them back but I had to get the sausages for B. he really likes them, I can't choose his life for him...and my son Casey who might visit.. he will want his favourite chicken schnitzels... Also got some lamb forequarter chops and some steak ( in case B. wants to have or go to a BBQ) But I put them all in the freezer....will only get out if I have to..... if we have a BBQ I have two big field mushrooms and eggplants for me.... another thing I'm going to do over the weekend is make a big log of seitan, then I can make some kebabs and some pieces I can crumb and make into "schnitzels" for myself when they're having chicken ones... slowly I will phase out cooking meat for them.... but I have to get good at making seitan first!!!!

I was very pleased not to waste very much food at all this week. The only thing I tossed was 1/2 tin of tomato soup which I had opened to make some spaghetti... I didn't get around to using the rest and it went all funny in the tin.. should have transferred it to a container... otherwise, there were a few bits and pieces that the dogs ate and that's about it!!!! :)

I cooked a bag of beansprouts before they went off and I ate half today.. made four springrolls, that was how many wrappers were left from last week!! So no waste again!! For tea tonight we had tacos.. with one tin of kidney beans and about 4 tbls of mince that I had cooked and frozen some weeks ago.... I could have used all the mince but now I have enough left to make some bolognaise sauce for B. over the weekend...to make up the tacos we had shredded lettuce, grated cheese, sour cream and a salsa made of diced avocado, tomato and red onion. I added some lemon juice to the salsa from a really really fresh lemon I picked just this evening from Bob's (my boss) tree!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment