Tuesday, May 4, 2010

OOPS! Nearly!!!

Whew! I had trouble signing into my blog to post just now... it said that my blog has ceased to function or something for some reason.. something to do with cookies!!!! Well, thank goodness I found my way back in.. I had upgraded Firefox last night.. maybe that had something to do with it.. anyhoo... good day today... I had to go into town to get my repeat filled for my antibiotics and I thought " Hmm, this could be dangerous.. money in pocket... feeling a bit like I need some winter clothes etc.." W-e-e-ll, I didn't do anything " naughty".
Even went into Coles, saw all sorts of specials ( cos I shopped at Woolies last week..) and resisted all temptations to buy any!! Pat on the back for me! I only got what I went in there for which was:

some Playdoh to add to a present for our friends' little boy.. it was his birthday and I got him a Playdoh Pizza SET and some extra Playdoh but then I gave the Playdoh to Olivia and Jasmine to play with... had to replace quickly before I see him!!

some Poise light bladder control pads... how dreadful.. this violent coughing makes me wet my pants.. ran out.. still coughing a lot so need to get some more before " shopping day" to save on washing...

some cat biscuits... suddenly emptied the packet and didn't know whether I'd have enough to last till "shopping day".... have plenty of "wet food" but my cat Gandalf really likes his dry biscuits... even when he's got wet food, if I haven't given him any dry food he "calls" for it.... Lucky me! When I arrived at the pet food section, the biscuits he likes were on special.... I could have got a bigger bag of them which worked out at 3oc per 100g and the ones on special, the smaller bags work out to be 39c per 100g... but they were 2 bags for $6 so I only had to fork out $6 today rather than $17 something for the bigger bag... I haven't got so much money to spend this week so that works out better for me this time!!!

Every week or fortnight I take Paul some bought lunch for a treat. He generally takes some leftovers from dinner the night before and some sandwiches for lunch everyday. I did have some of the vegetable crepes I made for tea last night over.... BUT!!!!! the cheeky devil didn't like them!!! HOW could he not love the delicious yummy pumpkinny, sweet corny, yummy baked GOODNESS that was my crepes last night??????? OH....... because I put the last 5 BRUSSEL SROUTS in there!! He HATES brussel sprouts... well, gosh, there were only five in the whole casserole and I chopped them up too... well, you know he picked out every little bit... said the crepes were not nice either... I don't know WHY???? We were eating exactly the same dinner and I thought it was yum yum yummy!!! All vegan, no cheese or nothin' and it was still bloody AWESOME!!!! The only thing I can put it down to is the brussel sprouts and the fact that he is fighting off the lurgy I must have passed to him... he wasn't feeling the best yesterday, poor little man... oh well, win some lose some... but it meant that I had to go and buy him some lunch as I didn't have anything else much to offer since he rejected my crepes....
What we had was a doner kebab ( Paul) and a vege kebab ( for me). Not even felafel, just salad and hummus and garlic sauce.. very tasty though and healthy too.
I'm making the chickpea curry tonight! I asked him if this would be to his liking and he said he likes beans and pulses... well, halelujah for THAT!
The other positives of the day were, I had to get a couple of birthday presents which means I had to go into my favourite store (ACQUIRE) but I was very disciplined AGAIN and only got the presents.. I didn't buy anything else....was very tempted as they had a $179 cutlery set out for $39.95 and I LOVE cutlery for some reason but hey, I didn't NEED it so I held myself in check...
I also went into IGA to see if they still have Tofutti Sour "CREAM" but no, they did not... I did buy a marrow bone each for the dogs as they are not always available... and I bought two packets of chow mein noodles that aren't available(that brand) in Coles. I'm thinking also, that I might be able to do only a small shop this " shopping day" if I can stretch out the food I have.. the noodles can make another meal and I might be able to eke out the week with what's in the cupboard. I'll still have to go and get my "master list" but maybe not so much other stuff this week if I'm clever!! Which I am!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment