Monday, May 10, 2010

Olivia and Jasmine

These are my two beautiful grandaughters. Olivia is 5 and Jasmine, 2. I want to write about them as I 've been thinking about them all day today... they will be going away soon to live in Seattle if their parents get their visa. I can't see them not getting it so I guess it won't be long till I'll be waving them all goodbye .. aw... I'm sure going to miss them ALL but my daughter and son-in-law are still young, with plenty of ideas and talents, and of course, they have dreams and things they want to do in their lives... plus much as I love those two kids, they aren't my kids.. I've had my turn!!
Olivia keeps saying to me "Nanna, I have to stay with you more often cos I'm going away soon." I tell her " Oh, nanna will miss you very much" and she says she'll come and visit me every Christmas and every Easter! So cute! She said on Saturday, " I think this is the last time I'm coming to your house nanna, or maybe one more time.. I don't know.." aw, I think there will be a few more visits yet...... my daughter said even if they get the visa they can't go right away as they can't enter the country until 30 days before Jon starts his course..... so it'll be Novemberish by the sounds of it..Jon's course will be 3 years so they're hoping to stay for that length of time...but then I wonder, will they try and get permanent residency? Must be an exciting thought, life in the USA....we can visit of course, but it won't be very often.... have to get Skype for sure when they go...
I'm going to try and see them as much as possible though in the meantime...we picked them up on Saturday this time and took them to the pool where we all had lots of fun. That is a cool pool they have in Bunbury! Olivia wanted to get some hot chips from the cafe there so Paul and I took turns getting dressed while the girls sat and ate chips at a table and then I took them out to the car, put some dry clothes on them and we went to Chinese as well! Jasmine was making everyone smile exclaiming about her fried rice, she loves fried rice very much. Olivia ate fried rice too, even thought she had said she didn't want any and she ate a prawn dumpling as well. We got a few yumcha selections but not as many as usual, I probably will not ever be a 100%vegan or even a vegetarian.. but I don't want to be eating things made out of creatures very often...
We came home here and they had a lovely time pottering about in the garden. At the moment the two of them really enjoy filling up the birdbaths... after that Jasmine did coloring in while Olivia played with Polly Pocket and then we went to the park where they played on the equipment but also with the rocket launcher toy we got them from the Australian Geographic shop. That has been a really great toy, best $15 ever spent!! We had to tear Jasmine away from the park.. she never wants to stop playing these days but we were there quite a while..whatever time we were there would not be enough for her lately!! The next day she threw another big tantrum when it was time to leave our friends' house. Paul took them there for a little visit to give me some time to clean up and our friends have a little boy who has lots of cool toys as well as lots of outdoor stuff to play on... Jasmine was having a ball and didn't want it to end!! Aw, she came home "complaining" and crying to me about Grandad.. ehehehhehehe, the big meanie!!
They both were very tired on Saturday after a big day....they went to bed quite early.. our neighbours who are also our cousins came over for a few beers and Olivia fell asleep on the sofa watching "Bananas in Pyjamas". I promised she and I could sleep on the couch that night. Jasmine went to sleep in her room very easily. Later though, (I don't know if she had a bad dream or not), she woke up a couple of times and came out. I tried to put her back to bed but she would not go back to sleep..... even when I lay next to her the only one who fell asleep was me!! Ehehehhehehe! When our visitors left, and Paul went to to bed he came to check on me and she was still awake so I just put her next to him in our bed, while I went and slept with Olivia.. they both still love to sleep next to someone..... even when they're at home with Mum and Dad, it's the same.. oh well, who cares? It won't last forever..
They are so much fun, Olivia woke up really early Sunday morning and told me she'd seen "The Eagles" on telly the night before after "Bananas" had finished.... also asked me where the hot water bottle was.. I'd told her we could make a hot water bottle up but I didn't get around to it with Jasmine waking and all.. anyway it was pretty hot sleeping on the sofa, the weather has not really got THAT cold yet... we will make one next time I told her.. after a while of "snuggling" which she loves very much.. cuddling and laying her head and half her body right on top of you, (it's very cute but gee she is rough! Bangs your head and kicks you with her big legs!!!) we could hear the birds and I let her get up to play with the Polly Pockets quietly... it wasn't long before we could hear Jasmine and Grandad talking and so we all jumped into the big bed together and had a lovely time talking and playing and looking at the birds outside etc.
Will miss these times very much when they go away, but at least we will have these lovely memories....

No comments:

Post a Comment