Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Holiday....

My husband wants to go on a short holiday...we really haven't had the kind of holiday that he has in mind for a long time..we've been to Melbourne and to Sydney a couple of times and we've had "breaks from work" a few times over the last few years but we have spent those :

minding my niece and nephew while their parents went to Mauritius

minding our grandgirls while their parents have been away

recovering from illness


When we've gone to Melbourne and Sydney we have been visiting with a purpose! Olivia had just been born, then we went and saw them again when she was about 6 months old.... we did got to see "Billy Elliot" in Sydney with a couple of friends and that was quite nice..but quite hectic as well!! We haven't done anything that involved lying on a lazyboy sipping cocktails by the pool, that sort of thing! I've often returned from these holidays, feeling in need of one!!

My husband is thinking of Bali as a possible/probable destination. I'm not very keen! Stopped over there on the way home from our trip to the USA in January 1995 and I had a few unpleasant experiences there!!! Bit of a culture shock for me after being in the States and also not being very well-travelled I'm a bit nervous of different people and practices such as having to bargain!! The thought of going there or somewhere similar is stressing me out!!!
Neither of us has a current passport at the moment so I guess that's the first step... after that I'll worry about where they will take us.... aaahahhhhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment