Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Lucky Day

Well, one thing have in my favour is that I'm always appreciative of small blessings! Today was my lucky day for a few reasons:

1 : I scored an extra two hours work this morning so I can help Casey with his parking fine now!

2 : there was hardly anyone in the Medicare office this morning when I went to collect my refund, so I didn't have to wait very long! An elderly man who sat next to me also commented on how unusual it was to find the place so empty!!

3 : When I went to Big W to buy Paul a couple of workshirts, they were on special!

4 : When I went to the chemist to buy him some cold and flu tablets, they were on special as well! It was funny as I was standing in line at another chemist and then I thought, "Oh, I better leave the tablets till last as I might run out of money....." They were the least urgent thing on my list. I thought I'd better get the shirts first and then if I had enough money left I would call into the Australind chemist on the way home...they're usually about $13 or $14.. anyway Chemart had them for $10 today!

So I've even got some money over.. and guess what I'm going to do with that? I'm starting my "visiting" fund! I know that even if Rachel and Jon don't end up going to Seattle for some reason, they will go somewhere.. it's inevitable....they will keep looking for a place to live that they like and even if they don't find a place that is "perfect" in their eyes, there will a few more "moves" before they settle down anywhere... so whatever happens I will have to go and visit my grandgirls... I'm going to save every penny I can to make these trips possible... gives me a goal and a purpose to saving that really means something to me!!! I think I've got about $17 to start my fund off with today!! :) I'll show Olivia when she comes here next...

I had a lovely chat to my son today and also on-line to one of my newer friends on Facebook. My son is very good to talk to.. he's very understanding of me and my feelings and also very wise. I felt a lot better after speaking with him.
My FB friend Jim has a great sense of humour and makes me laugh. Apart from that today, he was telling me that Seattle is very expensive! I don't know if should mention what he said to Rachel and Jon... they might think I'm being negative.. but he strongly advised that they go to Vancouver instead...

I have to go back to work very shortly for my usual shift which is a short one on Thursdays. Casey said he might come down tonight, or tomorrow.. but whatever happens I'm using the last of some meatballs I had in the freezer to make meatballs stroganoff. I have some sour cream and I bought a few mushrooms today. They were also on special! I'll serve it with buttery pasta...yummy!

I did a bit of shopping today but only a very small one due to not having any money to speak of till Paul gets paid today. I got only that which I absolutely needed for the next couple of days. I reckon I can make it through till Tuesday or at least Monday.... today I was very tempted to get a spinach and feta pasty from somewhere.. I hadn't eaten any breakfast and I was really hungry! I even went to a bakery thinking they'd have one, but they didn't so I thought I'd try and make it home.

When I got home I had what I think I read on someone's blog is called "Idaho Sunrise"....a big potato with an egg inside.... I also added a pat of butter whe it was done.. salt and loads of fresh ground pepper made it a real treat... I feel bad about the egg but I am doing my best for the moment .....I buy the best eggs available,( the ones I feel confident are truly free range).. Margaret River Free Range Eggs......I don't know that it makes it any better though because although the lives of the chickens are one thing.... their deaths are another, and all egg laying chooks I guess have the same short life span and go to the same end....

No comments:

Post a Comment