Monday, May 3, 2010

New Week! New Start!

I love Mondays! I love the fact that there's a whole brand new week ahead of me.. unsullied and unspoiled and more or less a " blank slate" that hopefully I will make some sort of success of!!!
Having said that, I truly believe that you can " start over" at any time, any moment.. there's no need to wait for Mondays, New Years or any other special time to be able to take a look at where you're at and if you're not going in the direction you want to be, turn right around and start heading that way!!!
Today was an especially nice Monday as I was able to make it to work and I felt pretty good! I'm not going to forget about taking a bit of extra care with my health this week but it felt totally awesome to be able to finish my shift and come home still feeling like I could tackle some household chores as well! My shifts are pretty short actually. I work either 7.30 am till 1pm (morning shift) or 1pm-6.30pm(afternoon shift) usually.. that's only 5 1/2 hours at a time. Rarely I'll do a bit longer but never as long as what most people have to do each day! So I'm pretty lucky!! As well I work for really kind, nice and generous people who are my friends. And my workmates are the same.. all really great people and friends outside of the workplace too.
I'd really like it if I didn't have to go to work at all outside of the home all the same. There's just SO many things that I would like to do each day and I always seem to run out of time.. so not working I imagine would give me those extra hours.... but having said that, I do enjoy the social aspect of my work and also I think it's really better in the long run to work even if it's only part-time for a few other good reasons...it's good to have the extra money, you can keep up whatever skills you have, maybe learn new ones...gives you a sense of being of service to others than your own family... that sort of thing.
Today at work I had a grilled field mushroom and fried onion sandwich with Djon mustard for lunch. It was yummy (and vegan!) :) For breakfast I just had a piece of toast and vegemite mainly cos one of my tablets has to be taken with food. I'm not a breakfast person. I prefer to eat something about 10 am. For dinner tonight, I'm going to make the vegetable crepes I mentioned in my menu plan last week. Oh, I didn't mention yesterday that my husband went out for dinner last night, as it was our neighbour's birthday and we were invited to join them at a restaurant to celebrate, but I didn't go as I wanted to stay home and not give anyone my germs...also make sure I was well-rested and recovered enough to go to work today.... My husband came home and said he had ordered 6 oysters Kilpatrick(his favourite) and a chicken parmigiana and as well he had cake that my neighbour's daughter brought for dessert. I enjoyed a fettucine with garlic, mushroom, olive oil and spinach leaves at home....that was absolutely delicious ( and vegan!) :) I cooked up the mince I talked about and it made two containers which I put in the fridge to cool... and you know what? I'm going to freeze them for another week. All this week I'm going to cook vegan! And guess what? It's time for another menu plan!!!

Meal 1 : Chickpea and spinach curry ( must hurry to use all the spinach before it goes bad!)

Meal 2 : Lentil and rice dish ( I read about this yesterday while browsing.. it's a Middle Eastern dish... can't recall accurately its name at the minute... megadurra or something..will check it up and post tomorrow..)

Meal 3 : Vegetable pie... with a pastry bottom and mashed potatoes on top!

Meal 4 : Rice with tofu, vegetable and cashew stirfry

Meal 5 : Vege patties and salad

Meal 6 : Sanitarium vege roast with baked vegetables and gravy... yum yum! There'll be some leftovers for sanwiches too! WIN!

Meal 7 : Pasta with lentil or split pea sauce

There are THOUSANDS of tasty vegan dinners waiting for me to cook them! There's seven of them right there!

Happy Happy New Week everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment