Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Catch Up Post!!!

Ooh! Had a little break from posts.. now for a quick catch up!!

I just had two bowls of delicious soup for my breakfast.. made it first thing this morning, after I made B.'s sandwiches and before doing last night's dishes!!! Eheheheheh! The soup I made is a famly recipe... it is a tomato, pasta based soup and you add in a tin of baked beans and lots of cabbage..we always made it with a ham hock... but I thought I could use some sliced cabana(yes.. still finding things in the freezer.. this sausage was frozen from a party where I had it ready and sliced to serve but didn't need to put it out....always have soo much food...) anyway, it is quite yummy and I have made a vegetarian version of it many times.. still I want to use up the cabana..

Nil food waste this week!!! BIG pat on the back to me!!! This writing about food and stuff is a really great tool as is demonstrated by the ever reducing level of food I have chucked out each week!! I highly recommend it!!

Beautiful sunny day today again.. yesterday in the afternoon(I waited till then so it'd be nice and warm!!) I took the dogs to the beach. Only had shorts and a singlet on and felt even a little hot walking along!! Had a fairly decent walk and I don't know if Honey ate something bad or not(I didn't see her..) but she vomited about 5 times during the night...ugh! First one was very small and easy to clean up. I put her in the bathroom after that in case she did some more and I was glad I did! They just got bigger and more er.... chunky.. Lots of bedding to hose off and wash today... but at least it wasn't in our bedroom!!!

I am in the happy position of being totally up-to-date with the bills. Last month or so been struggling to maintain funds in the bank and I still had a pile of outstanding bills to pay..... I've caught up now, NOT without effort, of which I'm very proud and although a mobile bill came on Monday, ( JUST after I cleared all the existing bills!!) it's not due for two weeks and the main bill(big one!) is finished with. I must mention what the bill was... I have an account where I work...if need anything I usually just put it on there. The bill comes every fortnight but most people, including me don't pay it every fortnight religiously....HOW quick does time fly and the fortnights add up??????? I had about $600 total owing!!! I paid a bit off and then the balance of $400 something on Monday. For about a month now I have only been paying CASH and this is my strategy so I DON'T have this bill to find money to pay for when I haven't budgeted for it!!! I probably will still have a bill from time to time as when my son visits I let him fill up his car on his way out of town and he puts it on my account.... but I will pay this straight away in future...I could give him some cash and get him to pay for the fuel but I already help him with a regular amount each week so he can just put the fuel he needs on the account...if it's not $50 worth I "save" and that little "extra" can get "snowflaked".

No comments:

Post a Comment