Thursday, June 17, 2010

This Week's Waste

Or LACK thereof!! Yay for me! I have wasted the least food ever I think! The only thing I threw out today was some cooked rice which I forgot to put away last night and so it was left out...cooked rice gets bacteria that can cause tummy upset etc if not refrigerated, so I thought I better ditch it.. but even so it did not have to go into the bin!! I mixed it with a little raw mince meat and gave it to the birds and they loved it! I have given them rice before but strangely(I thought!) they did not seem too keen. I mentioned it on Facebook and a friend said they will eat it if it is mixed with mince. I was lucky to just have a little bit of mince in the fridge, left from the weekend when I made some spaghetti...
I have been doing well at eating vegetarian although still not completely. I had to finish off a couple of chicken wings yesterday. Otherwise doing pretty good! I have cooked some meat for B. A small corned beef for his sandwiches and he had some with his dinner while it was still hot...I didn't have any.. this is a big step forward for me as if I have to cook it, it's very difficult for me to resist... But otherwise he has been eating vege food with me.... I made an awesome goulash with some of the seitan I made last week... it turned out really well! I NEED to cook and have food like this on hand so I am not tempted by what may be in the fridge or freezer that is NOT vegetarian, which there will be from time to time as B. still likes some meat... B. even liked this goulash, so much so that he took some for his lunch today as well. I bought some King Island Soy Cream Cheese the other day hoping it might make a good substitute for the Tofutti Sour"Cream" which I can't find anymore and while I haven't tried to thin it with lemon juice to see if it will be good as sour"cream" I did stir some into the goulash and it worked a treat! So at least it can be used in cooking.. that's something!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment