Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lots of Food

There is lots of food to use up over the next few days...first I have a bowl of pasta .. I cooked a big lot of pasta to make macaroni cheese and there was too much !! I still have to eat the remaining mac cheese as well... I think I will freeze this cooked pasta and even if it doesn't freeze too well I can make soup with it later on..
There are 4 Yorkshire puds left.. that one's easy, will eat them tonight with the one steak there is left in the meat keeper. It is a T-bone.... I might cut the larger portion from it and give it to B. he doesn't care for this cut... while I eat the bit remaining on the bone.... that's plenty, we don't eat that much meat if I can help it.. will just cook some veges and make some gravy..
There is one portion of pie left from last night. My friend had a lot of spaghetti over but I still left some pie there and brought home my dish that had about two portions left.. ate one just before for breakfast and the remaining one I will eat tomorrow.. or even later on today...
There is a portion of mashed potato.. I will give it to the birds or the dogs in their dinner.. think it's a bit stale..
There is some white sauce.. made too much of that also when cooking the mac cheese. I will put it with the leftover mac cheese.. it has absorbed some of the sauce and become quite thick so the extra sauce won't go astray...
There is a tiny bit of roast beef and that will make one more day of sandwiches for B.
There is some chocolate pudding from Sunday night.... will try and eat a good portion each this evening and the rest, if any can go to the birds.. I only made a small one so we should be able to finish it..
I had a bit of yorkshire pudding mixture left also from Sunday.. I will make a pancake for lunch for myself with this..
There is half a tin of sardines that B. opened on Saturday... this is too stale and I will mix it with the dogs' dinner....
I opened a packet of puff pastry to line the pie dish with yesterday.. I often do this and end up wasting the rest of the packet!!! But I will make a point of using it to make some snacks for Saturday evening with this!!
There are plenty of veges left in the crisper and they are all still good!! That's it for my food utilisation post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment