Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Blowout!

Whoa! Big week for spending. We finally got our passport applications in and they were over $200 each. That doesn't include the photos and because of various things(rrggh!) I had to get two lots done and B. had to get THREE!! So there went $50 just to get the photos right!!! My car went in for a service today ... haven't picked it up yet so don't know what that will be, but the last one was over $200. I bought some products from a friend who sells "Arbonne"..... I like to support people who are trying to help themselves...I bought quite a lot the first time and this time I bought less but nevertheless $280 worth.. can't even remember now what I ordered.. I know I ordered 2 foundations( I go through them quite quickly since I use it most days..), a shea butter hand and body duo, 2 lipsticks and a lipgloss... what else I'm not sure.... oh, a powder and some lipbrushes... anyway, will be a surprise when I open the package...
I finally put my mum's engagement ring that she gave me years ago, in to a jeweller get fixed.. the setting has become damaged and I was advised not to wear it until I got it remedied (at risk of losing the diamond)...it has been a shame not to be able to wear the ring all these years but I never seem to have the money spare to get it done...well, tidying out my drawers and cupboards I came across it again and well, I guess it's now or never.. anyway I paid for it and it was about $260(?) I can't recall right this minute.. I can check it later...
We got our first electricity bill also yesterday since installing our 7 solar panels. It is over $500 BUT that is for 11 months!!!!!! So they really have saved us over the time we have had them. One of my normal winter bills would be approximately $280 for a 60 day period, so you can see that $500 odd dollars for almost a year's worth of power is definitely cheap!!!
Ho hum.. all this meant that I am not doing much groceries this week.... going to do "pantry challenge" as far as possible and for as long as possible. I did have to go and get more dog food yesterday and a few other things.... but I think I've got quite a bit of food in the cupboards and also in the freezer so hopefully I will not have to go and do more food shopping till end of next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment