Wednesday, June 30, 2010

FOOD!!

I love food so much!! I'm always hungry it seems but even while I'm eating I'm thinking about the next meal and what I'm going to eat then...
For our anniversary meal at Nicola's B. ordered a half dozen oysters kilpatrick which are his favourite... I chose fried mozzarella balls that came with a spicy tomato sauce. There was not anything vegetarian at all on the entree menu save for bruschetta which I am not keen on as it often makes me feel a bit sick.. the balls had a small piece of prosciutto in each one...it was quite nice but I felt they had not been freshly fried.. they seemed to be heated up...but neverthless I always enjoy my food..
For the main they had a special of more or less a duck ravioli( although it was called capriletto or something else..) that was prepared with an oil based sauce and had enoki and oakear mushrooms. B. thought he would try this for something different. It was quite unusual with the funny oakear mushroom which were sort of like crunchy seaweed but without a sea taste!! Quite good! But no discernable taste of duck, I didn't think.. ( I tried on of his "dumplings'). B. had perfectly steamed veges with his main meal while I chose a green salad which I think I should have got for my entree.. that was really fresh and crunchy!! For my main meal I had field mushroom and spinach ravioli with creamy saffron sauce... there were three huge ravioli on my plate.. the pasta itself was quite thick although it was very tasty, I reckon I could have rolled it thinner... but I enjoyed it.. very VERY filling.. boy I was ready to burst after all this!!! We shared a yummy bottle of Taylor's wine and for dessert we shared a tuille basket with three scoops of gelato and berry coulis and we had a long black each as well..
I really like Nicola's.. the service is just excellent there and the prices are really reasonable for very good meals... I nearly wanted to order the potato gnocchi with the gorgonzola sauce that I really love there but I thought I should order something else for a change... I wasn't sorry, but I have to say, I really think that gnocchi is the BEST!!! I will order it again next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment