Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yummy Dahl

I made some delicious dahl this morning and I can't stop eating it!! I had a couple of cooked potatoes in the fridge and you know how I don't like the taste of leftover potato, but I didn't want to waste them so I needed to make something with strong flavours to cover the precooked potato taste( tastes like the fridge or something.....), the texture also changes for the worst after you've kept them for a day or two.. as well I had a small bunch of fresh coriander that I often buy and don't use all up (ironically, to try and make it last...) and then it goes bad... so I made dahl with red lentils and the potatoes and put all the coriander on top when it was cooked... yum, dahl! Made with red lentils it takes so very little time to cook..I was eating some 20 mins later!!! The lentils were still a bit firm then but a little bit more cooking and they were perfectly "creamy" and soupy.. oh gosh!! Soo GOOD!! and soo cheap!! The pot I made could feed a whole family for a couple of dollars!! I called B. in and we ate it with warmed tortillas for a kind of early " lunch". Then I took my dogs out for a walk..since I came back I have been getting it out of the fridge and eating more of it...it's healthy too and best of all VEGAN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment