Monday, June 21, 2010

Weary!

Feeling really tired today after a BIG weekend! Friday night we went to a 21st birthday party. We went to eat Chinese dinner first..it wasn't vegetarian, unfortunately.. I would have liked to order the vegetarian special bean curd and also the vegetarian sang choi bow but I could tell B. did not want to get those... he chose chilli basil chicken and I ordered a vegetable omelette but they brought out a combination one(?) mustn't have heard me properly.. oh well.... We shared a bottle of red wine there but after that I did not drink any more.. only had soda water and some still water.. we left about 11.30pm as I wanted to be fresh on Saturday to pick up Olivia and Jasmine.
We were able to get Jasmine's passport photos all right on Saturday. Jon and Rachel had been having trouble getting her to look straight at the camera and also to not bring her hand up to her face and in the end not to start crying!!! Poor thing!!! She probably couldn't understand what was going on!! The girl who was taking the photos took quite a few that weren't right but finally just before Jasmine started getting upset she got one that looks OK. Her little teeth are showing a bit but she said they usually don't mind that for small children...everyone else of course cannot have their teeth showing( why is this anyway??????)
Also went to see if we could get some dresses for them and disappointingly Olivia is too big for size 7 which was the biggest size they had... I'm going to try elsewhere this week.. I can get one for Jasmine but I'll wait to see what kind of dress I can find for Ollie first..I did buy two fairy dresses "in case" but I ended up giving them to the girls to take home.. Olivia had a dressup birthday party to go to on Wednesday and well, I really wanted some better dresses than those for the wedding day...I'm sure I will find something..Target might have some... or maybe I can try a bridal store, though that will probably be very expensive...
The rest of the weekend was spent going to parks and to the beach and letting them bake cookies etc and then Sunday, I cooked a roast dinner and Jon and Rachel came up to eat with us and our neighbours/cousins from over the road also joined us for tea.. my son also came to stay on Saturday for a couple of days so it was all very social and busy!! My roast dinner was not vegetarian either :(
I had bought a side of lamb at shopping so B. could have meat for BBQ and also a leg for sandwich meat.. but it wasn't very big... ( such a young sheep.. ohhh... terrible!!) and got eaten all up in the one meal by everyone, as well I had to make a stew as the roast leg would not have been enough!!! So no meat left for sandwiches either!!! I got quite tipsy drinking plenty of red wine before and over dinner and remember making quite a lot of ribald comments and jokes!!! Everyone was in a good humour and the evening was a lot of fun!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment