Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time Flies!!!

Whoosh! Where does all the time go??????? Only last week I was gloating to my workmate Sam about the five day weekend I was looking forward to this week and already it's nearly at an end!!! Only have tomorrow left!!! Today just went in a blur especially!! I don't mean a blur in that I was foggy-minded... I mean the blur caused by things moving very fast!!! ehehehhehehehe!
I spent a good part of the morning doing a "Responsible Service of Alcohol" on-line course.. that's what made the day seem like it went very fast...we all had to do it for work. Well, it was very tedious I have to say.. forced you to have to sit through audio sessions instead of being able to just read the material and fly through... well, at least it is done and to tell the truth it made me think a little about the dangers of drinking too much alcohol again.. ( I do think about it from time to time.. but I still drink too much too often...in regards to health..).
It is such awesome weather today! Very sunny and the wind is cold but it's just my ideal kind of day! My son and I went for lunch at the Dome in Bunbury. We shared a calamari, chips and salad and also a taste plate that had chicken strips, salt and pepper squid and meatballs with three kinds of dipping sauce and a Coke each. The Dome is very reasonably priced.. and the food is really quite nice....they have a good pizza there but I had that last time when I went to the Hall's Head one with my mum and Roy.
I've got a kind of pie in the oven at the moment. Going out to a friend's place for tea ( the same friend we went to recently where I took a potato bake and a crusty loaf....and I told her I'd bring something. It is like a shepherd's pie with puff pastry on the bottom, filled with curried sausages and topped with mashed potato... I made a double batch of the best curried sausages I think I've ever made yesterday with most of that big packet of sausages I bought last Thursday. I think she said she's cooking steak but whatever she makes we can all have some of my pie as well.. B. I know will love it.. he didn't eat any of the curried sausages yesterday, only my son and I did. B. had already had some lunch before the sausages were ready...he was hungry "prematurely" for tea though, as a consequence and so I had to put the roast beef I spoke about on earlyish.. lucky though, by the time it was cooked it was about 6.30pm and I asked them if they wanted some pudding for dessert and they said yes! So it wasn't too late to whip up a chocolate self-saucing pudding and put that it and we still all got to bed nice and early for a Sunday night(after I cleaned up and all!).

No comments:

Post a Comment