Thursday, June 24, 2010

Soup

It's soup weather all right!! Very cold(for here!!) and B. loves soup. I personally feel as though I'm slumming it big time, haha, to eat it for a MEAL.. but the other day I made an awesome soup that even I enjoyed... I'd bought a packet of barley with the thought of making a "vegeloaf".. I read once that barley has the good chewy texture that makes it a good ingredient for an "unmeatloaf"... well, I made a soup instead.. it did have a lamb bone in it from the roast I made on Sunday... but it was full of barley, veges and we ate it for dinner with a homemade spinach quiche I made the same day which was also very yum!!
There was enough soup left for our lunches and then B.came home and asked if there was any more soup left for tea... aw, I had to say "no!!"
So I made some more today and there was a hambone in the freezer I had to use up...the soup today was a bit different as I didn't have any turnip or swede left but I had some dried 4 bean mix as well as the barley to use today and well, it wasn't half bad!!! I ate two bowls before work and it really sustained me I think... then we ate it with a toasted cheese sandwich for dinner tonight( yeah, I still felt like I was slumming it a bit.. but that's OK a couple of nights a week!!! ehehehheheeh!) I put some on the dogs' dinner as well... nice warm food for a chilly night for them....and still a huge pot left!!! But B. seems pleased.. he said he's going to eat it all weekend..... (I say... blech!!!) ehehehehheheh!

No comments:

Post a Comment