Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quick Update!

Here is a quick update on what I've been up to!

We went to the Kransky Sisters last night and they were very good! Funny and quirky! At the end they came out and signed T-towels with their images on them and I have hung mine on the wall using a couple of bits of Blu-tak.

Earlier in the day we went and visited with our son and enjoyed lunch at Catalano's in Vic Park. We've been there a few times now with him. They serve awesome meals there and they're also very big! B. had chicken schnitzel which was as big as a dinner plate in itself, Casey had crumbed calamari, both their meals came with beer-battered chips and salad... I had fettucine al fungi, which did have a bit of bocaccini cheese in it but was mainly mushrooms, roasted capsicums amd tomatoes in an oil garlic sauce... very good. They gave me a jar of Parmesan but I didn't add any..

For tea that night we went after the show to a little Asian cafe which used to be Han's I'm sure and is now called the Korner Cafe... I had vegetable pad thai and B. had Singapore noodles.. cheap and tasty, we each had a little bottle of Wynn's Bin 555....before the show we used our free drink voucher from the hotel to get a midi each of Hahn SuperDry and then we had a pint each.... B. had a second pint but I can't drink endless beer anymore.. it's too cold or something... I had a red wine... at the Playhouse we had a champagne each and B. got a second one but I felt really a bit too drunk to have another!!!!

When we got back to the room, we had another red wine and I slept very well, poor B. rummaged around and coughed a lot... we're both not the best but I am a little better than him in terms of coughing and spluttering... I just FEEL rubbish...earlier in the day I had a hayfever attack looking at the bird's nest near Casey's balcony... aw, that was so awesome, I could see the baby bird inside.... but the tree was covered with blossoms and I got very red eyes.. had to go and get some eye drops as soon as I found a chemist...

This morning we just ate downstairs in the hotel... I had baked beans, 2 hash browns and two bits of toast and B. had the My Place breakfast... bacon, 2 eggs, sausage, hash brown, tomato and mushroom... he didn't eat the mushroom so I did!! he also left a piece of toast but I was too full for that, we had orange juice and I had three cups of tea.. sooo thirsty this morning!!!

Today we went into town as my iron suddenly went pop! pop! as I was ironing a favorite skirt and it burnt it!! Smoke was streaming from it, so I quickly turned it off and threw it away afterwards.... just bought a cheapy to replace it, the more expensive ones don't seem to last any longer!!! B. said he felt like a pint of beer and a steak sandwich for lunch!!!! We went to the Parade.. what the heck, it's "holidays".... there was nothing vegetarian except for creamy mushroom soup which I wish I'd got and had a wine with but I wanted a pint also and didn't feel that went with soup... so I got the salt and pepper squid which was a bit disappointing as it was the frozen curly kind, not pieces of squid on a salad and it came with chips... a bit too greasy, I picked the batter off the last few pieces...

Tonight, we had some yummy soup, vegan split pea and pumpkin soup.. that I had in the freezer... oh how much better did that taste than the lunch I had and how much happier was I to eat nice vegan food..... I had a nice crusty loaf to heat in the oven to accompany the soup... MMM.. MM!

No comments:

Post a Comment