Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is Spring Here???

The weather at the moment is absolutely phenomenal! I mean, it is really unusally warm.. August is often a very rainy month! In September we often experience a sudden burst of warm weather as spring approaches but to have it in August is not so common....
I am even having hayfever like symptoms( blah!) and sneezing etc!! I notice when I go walking that the bacon and egg bushes are starting to flower and on the weekend someone pointed out to me that our almond tree is starting to shoot leaves and buds!! Today I noticed the little birds ( swallows??)who used to make their nest in our toilet at work every year,were waiting on the wire just outside as if to see if they could get in there again!!! (We started shutting the toilet door to stop them a couple of years ago as one year someone went in there and turfed the babies out of the nest and destroyed it....this was before we got the outer door and key happening... but also some of my workmates feel that all the bird poop is not desirable.... since then they have made a nest in the gap between the ice freezer and the roof on the verandah, but I guess old habits die hard and they remember the toilet!!!
It will be interesting to see whether this warm spell continues or whether there is indeed more winter rain and storms to be had.... I hope there is more as we really need the rain.......

No comments:

Post a Comment