Monday, August 16, 2010

Lovely Week!

It's going to be a lovely week this week with a couple of things I'm really looking forward to... the first is going to see The Kransky Sisters tomorrow evening at the Playhouse.. my favourite theatre! And then on Saturday we are going to a restaurant that I have wanted to go to for many years.. Balthazar.... ( I think I saw they had a vegetarian choice on the menu but if there isn't I have decided that sometimes if I go out I may eat a bit of fish, at least for a while, while I am trying not to eat red meat or chicken... it's just all a bit hard.. I know, I am weak but I am, really... I am quite weak when it comes to food. I have been doing OK , the last few days.... I made a pot of beans and been eating those and also last night despite cooking steak and sausages for visitors and B. I only had my beans, tortillas, guacamole and a baked potato... the other morning at work, while Donna was cooking a bacon and egg sandwich, I had a small tin of creamed corn....But today we went out for lunch in Bunbury as B. is having a week's holiday and I ordered chilli squid that came in a nice tomato sauce with fettucine. They have a roast veges and penne dish where we went but my bowels were so overworked yesterday after two days of beans and vege food that I was really in quite a lot of discomfort....so I ordered the squid, I will try the vege penne next time when I haven't eaten so much fibre.... that is something I really have to work on.. what vege food can I eat that is not so high in fibre as beans etc??????? Pancakes, toast.... sandwich...some cereals.. I had a small bowl of Special K today....
Today for tea I had peas and corn, baked potato, some steamed rice and a tiny piece ( about 40 gm) of chicken in creamy mustard sauce. My friend's dad is dying and I wanted to take them some meals so when they have a bad day, they can just get one out of the freezer. I made a beef casserole and I made the creamy mustard chicken.. but I thought I had bought a carton of cream .. it was MILK!! When I came to making the sauce, luckily I had some sour cream so I used that but I wanted to know if it tasted all right for them so I tried a little piece tonight.. it is actually very yum and I think they will enjoy that... there's not much point in cooking veg meals for them.. that is what they are used to, "normal" meals.... and I want to help them in this way... I'm not very good in these kinds of situations..(what do you say or do??) but one thing I CAN do is provide some meals....tomorrow I'm going to make some pumpkin soup and then hopefully drop the food around.... I've got that bad cold still so I don't know if I can "visit" for long... but I'll see what happens.....

No comments:

Post a Comment