Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another Try

Well as Yoda would say "There is no try, just do" or something like that but I HAVE tried and failed many times to become a vegetarian and despite writing yesterday that I do not think I will become one again, I am again hopeful after reading "The Food Revolution" by John Robbins.
I have to make this a short post as I have to go to work very shortly but essentially I have made a bit of a plan up. The day-time meals are not so hard. It's dinner that I tend to cave in.
I figure if I make a different type of meal each night based on these 7 groups, it will help me to decide what to cook( I DID go 8 months making vegan dinners but I don't seem to remember what half of them were.....why????)
Meal 1: Pasta
Meal 2 :Rice and stirfry
Meal 3: Patties or burgers
Meal 4: A pie of some description
Meal 5: A curry or stew
Meal 6: Pasta
Meal 7: Patties or burgers

I've listed patties or burgers as there are many different kinds of patties, fritters and rissole type things you can make and the ways to serve them are also very varied.... with salad, with veges, in a bun.... so they appear twice on the weekly menu as does pasta as there are umpteen ways to serve that as well, especially if I include Asian style noodles in the pasta group.

So there is a starting point for me to try and go back to a vegetarian/vegan diet.....

No comments:

Post a Comment