Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dinner With Friends Again!!

We've been quite sociable of late!! Well when are we not????? Tonight we're going to our very good friends' house for tea and I'm taking a vege fried rice made with the new Quorn veg chicken style strips that have recently become available.. they are not vegan like Fry's but I want to try and compare...the rice looks awesome if I must say so myself!! The nicest fried rice I have made in a long time... entirely suitable to share with others!!!! I also made some vege spring rolls and will fry them when we get to my friends'. They are much better cooked and eaten on the spot!! Last time I made spring rolls I put some tofu which I had slowly fried till it got a nice golden and chewy texture.. Ithink those ones were better than the ones I've made today, but today's are still yummo! I tried a couple just now dipped in hoisin.......
I have achieved a fair bit today!!! Cooking, washing, folding wash, walking dogs, shopping, writing..... now it's off to my paying job in an hour but that's only for 3 1/2 hours and then it's fun, fun , fun with friends, some "old" and some "new" !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment