Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ready to Go Again

I am ready to post again... although how consistent I will be will depend on what happens with my internet which has been absolutely up sh--creek of late!!! I did take a break from blogging due to some personal matters which will not be written about... they are over for the time being at least... I would not blog about certain private matters on a public space anyway, out of respect for any others involved....Back to the subject of my internet, my provider has been having lots of trouble which I feel sorry for him for but as well I have worked out there is something wrong with my aerial.. the connection is loose and that's why even if my provider is not having problems, I can still be!!! I noticed that every time B. got up on the roof to have a look the internet would often start working again.... to cut the story short we have been pushing the .. what is it called??? the little plug thing in and then you see the light change and that means we are receiving signal again.... however.... the other cord carries 240 volts ... it is not the best thing to have to do.. climb on the roof frequently and fiddle with such things... if you turn the power OFF of course it's safe... but then you can't see if the light changes and if you haven't got the connection happening you will have to get up there again.... anyway, yesterday I had the brainwave of getting a lump of Blutack and placing it around the cable to "hold" it still so it doesn't gradually fall out ...... this worked all day but then later in the night we didn't have internet again... I thought it a bit funny as when I climbed up on the roof this morning it looked all OK and B. went up as well and said the light is the correct colour.... next thing my friend who has the same provider rang and said that the problem is from their side... rrrhahhahhafg!1!!??##
Well, that might have been a bit of an exaggeration... I have got quite used to NOT having any internet and felt only mildly annoyed!!! It came back on this afternoon WITHOUT me having to get on the roof again and so at least this proves that my Blutack is still working!!!
So about the blogging....as well as unreliable internet, for some reason since I have been mucking around with the template, my printer does not seem to want to print my posts!!! This is a bit of a problem as I want to print them to stick in my diary as entries.. if I can't print them, I feel like I have to write what I posted all over again in my diary... this is way too timeconsuming... the only thing I can think of is to keep my diary for some stuff and use the blog for other stuff.. stuff that I don't feel I have to record or reread.... no-one reads my blog anyway so it should not trouble anyone if I change the content of my posts to say, lists of things to do or perhaps I should just write a very short daily entry on here of what I've been doing.... hmm, will have to give it some thought overnight... as for this post.. I have already written all my complaints in my diary during my "internetless" days!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment